BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION (B.C.A.)- Three-year, full-time program
The B.C.A program offered by the college is a three-year full-time program affiliated to Bangalore Central University. The CBCS syllabus designed by the University provides students best of opportunities for professional careers as well as higher studies in the area of Computer application. The college aims at holistic development of the students, so that they make effective contribution to society. The excellent academic environment along with co-curricular and sports activities empowers the students to thrive in a fast-paced and exciting learning environment. Classroom lectures, projects, presentation and case studies form the components of teaching methodology. In addition to this the students have option to do add on courses like Executive Communication, Personality development, Certificate courses in C++, Java etc.
1. DURATION OF THE COURSE:
Durations of the undergraduate programmes shall extend over FOUR semesters (TWO academic years) for the Associate Degree(Advance Diploma), SIX semesters (Three academic years) for the regular Bachelor Degree.
- SCHEME OF STUDY:
- There shall be five theory papers and two practical from first semester to fourth semester.
- There will be five theory, two practical and one project in fifth semester.
- There will be four theory, one practical and one project in sixth semester.
- The project work shall be carried out either independently or jointly (maximum of three students)
- Medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction shall be English.
- B) SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
At the end of each semester there be University Examination of three hours duration in each of the theory paper/practical.
- Each semester shall be of 4 months duration
- Attendance: As per Bangalore Central University regulations in force for science degree courses.
- A Candidate is allowed to carry over all the previous uncleared (failed) theory papers/ Practical to subsequent semesters as per University regulations in force for science degree courses.
- The maximum period for completion of the course shall be six years form the date of admission.
- ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
- A candidate who has passed the two years Pre-University Examination conducted by the Pre-University Education Board in Karnataka
- A candidate who has passed JODC / Three years Diploma in Engineering of Government of Karnataka or any other examination considered as equivalent thereto shall be eligible for admission.
- Any student who has passed PUC –II Science, Arts or Commerce securing a minimum of 35% OF MARKS
- Any student who has passed JODC or Diploma in Engg. (of three year duration of Govt. of Karnataka) with minimum of 35% of marks in aggregate in all the semester /years.
- ADMISSION PROCEDURE:
- Through Counselling in respective colleges
- 50% weight age for entrance test in respective colleges
- 50% weight age for performance at qualifying examination.
- Merit list shall be prepared based on above
- Reservation: As per the notification /Govt. orders form the University /Govt. from time to time.
- Tuition and other fees: As fixed by the University from time to time
- The total number of students to be admitted to the course shall be decided by the University.
- Results: Results of candidate shall be declared and the classes awarded as per the procedure followed by the University for B.Sc. Courses.
- POWER TO REMOVE DIFFICULTIES
- If may difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of these regulations, the Vice Chancellor may be order make such provisions not inconsistent with the Act, Statutes, Ordinances or other Regulations, as appears to be necessary to expedient to remove the difficulty.
- Every order made under this shall be subject to rectification by the appropriate University Authorities.
- SYLLABUS AS PRESCRIBED BY BANGALORE CENTRAL UNIVERSITY:
- Syllabus as prescribed by Bangalore Central University:
- Scheme of study:
- i) There shall be five theory papers and two practical’s from first semester to fourth semester.
- ii) There will be five theory, two practical and one project in fifth semester. There will be four theory, one practical and one project in sixth semester.
iii) The project work shall be carried out either independently or jointly (maximum of three students)
Semester scheme is followed for all the courses. Vacations & holidays will be in accordance with the regulations of Bangalore Central University. Typically, the odd semester starts in the month of June/July and even semester in the month of January every year.